December 1, 2013
The children in Third Class are celebrating their First Holy Communion this Saturday morning in Ballinacarriga Church. As the rest of the school community will not be in attendance we would like to wish them all the best on their special day.
I would like to thank Mrs. Hurley and Mrs. McSweeney for helping the children to prepare.
It looks like the sun will be shining tomorrow and hopefully all involved will have a lovely day.
We would like to welcome you all back to school, we are all delighted to be back in our familiar setting, and we hope that 2020 will be a successful school year. As you are aware, Mrs Hurley is expecting her second baby and as of the 31st of August I have been appointed the role of Acting Principal. I would like to thank Mrs. Hurley for all the hard work she carried out during the summer in preparation for re-opening. I would like to thank all parents and children also for co-operating with the procedures we have put in place. It is obviously a very different September with lots of new routines but I think there is a positive feeling among staff and pupils and hopefully when the routines become more established we will continue learning, interacting and enjoying our school environment in a new way.
1. If you wish to make contact with a teacher, please email them directly on the email addresses below or leave a message with Catherine on 023-8845944 in order to request a call back. Please email to explain absence rather than sending in notes.
• firstname.lastname@example.org Junior and Senior Infants
• email@example.com First and Second Class
• firstname.lastname@example.org Third and Fourth Class
• email@example.com Fifth and Sixth Class
• firstname.lastname@example.org Special Education Teacher
2. If you would like to order a new school tracksuit top for your child please respond to this email with the size and quantity you require by Friday 11th September. There will only be one opportunity to order hoodies as the supplier will not take small orders during the year. The sizes and prices are as follows:
• age 3-4: €18
• age 5-6: €18
• age 7-8: €18
• age 9-11: €18
• age 12-13: €22
• age 14-15: €22
3. A Bill for book rental, activities, hoodies, etc will be issued in due course.
4. We will be encouraging online payments of bills going forward and details of school BIC and IBan will follow in a separate email when bills are ready
5. Ger Wolfe will continue to teach the children music this year, but, in line with guidelines not to use wind instruments, ukuleles and xylophones will now be the instruments of choice. The school has very gratefully received sponsorship from local companies to help purchase a set of instruments (We will give details of the companies involved in the near future). Each child will be able to use the school instruments which will be sprayed and wiped clean between users. If anyone would prefer to use their own ukulele, we can store the instruments in school.
I will be in regular contact with you throughout the year.
Just a reminder that children cannot be dropped to school until 8.50am. The children are not insured to be on the school property before this time and on a more practical level, the teachers use this time to prepare for the day and we would really appreciate if you could respect this.
Parents, please find information and support that you may need to ensure your child makes the most of their time online and stays safe when interacting with others online. Also, it shows you how to set up parental control over your children's devices.